Thursday, January 2, 2014

Looks to Love

A little afternoon inspiration....











The first photo I posted is from The Lettered Cottage (theletteredcottage.net).  I've been following this blog for several years now and always find great inspiration from Layla and her husband, Kevin.  I love the simplicity of their design...the rustic, yet finished look.  It's exactly what I'm going for in my own home.  Layla painted her kitchen cabinets light gray...I painted our kitchen cabinets light gray.  Layla took the doors off her cupboards...I took our doors off our cupboards.  Layla painted a chalkboard wall...I painted a chalkboard wall.  You get the picture!  

I really, REALLY want to incorporate more white upholstery in our home.  I love the way it looks, it's so clean and fresh, but with two dogs that like to be right next to me all the time I don't think it would look clean and fresh for long!  If anyone has any tips and tricks for keeping the look of white furniture pristine without driving yourself crazy I'd love to hear it!

thirtysixdesign.etsy.com

No comments: