Saturday, January 11, 2014

When I'm not Thirty Six Designing!


When I'm not obsessing over my etsy shop I work a few days a week making cheese at a small family run creamery in Landaff, NH.


We create a Welsh style farmstead cheese made from the fresh milk that's produced right there on their dairy farm.  Here's a link to their creamery http://landaffcreamery.com/  


The hours are just perfect for me.  I go in around 10:30 a.m. and we're finished by 2:30 p.m.  What could be better?  I get to visit with some fantastic people and make delicious cheese.  It's a bit of a work out too, which isn't a bad thing!  


This is the room that I work in...it's got a huge window, so the sun is always pouring in.  Even on the coldest day it's toasty warm and wonderfully sunny!  This vat is full of delicious Landaff cheese in the making!  We're getting ready to separate the curd from the whey.


These are the molds that we put the curds into...then they're pressed to expel the whey.


Here we're draining the whey to reveal the most delicious curds you'll ever taste!  Once the whey is drained we cut the curd by hand using long knives.



Emile....one of our cheese makers extraordinaire!


Tools of the trade with our cutting knives in the background.


That evening's meal made with fresh cheese curd.  Yum!


                                                         thirtysixdesign.etsy.com





No comments: