Monday, January 6, 2014

Quest for the Perfect Couch

Why are couches so darn expensive?  That's what I want to know!  $3000 for a couch is definitely out of my budget!  Maybe it's because we don't have any selection up here in the north country.  The furniture stores that we do have have cornered the market and jacked the prices.  Maybe I'm just out of touch with reality...which could very well be the case!

We visited one store yesterday in our search for the perfectly comfortable, cleanable sofa.  I'm on a quest for a white (ish) slip covered couch.  I guess there's no market for white couches in northern New Hampshire...maybe it's because of mud season.  The Mr. thinks I'm a little crazy too, but he's learned that it's best to just go with the flow after all these years.

These are the two sofas that I did find and they're far from slipcovered.  They both had deep seats and both were sectionals and both were expensive.



Not exactly the look that I was going for.  I did pick out some fabric that I though would look nice...the solid color on the left is for the couch and the print is for a chair.



Not white.  More of a linen look, which the Mr. said he could live with.  I really like the option on the top.  What do you think?  You know what?  I did find a slip covered couch at Ikea last week that I loved...it was a sectional, it was comfortable and it was under $1000!  I think it was actually under $900!  I see a road trip in our future!

No comments: